Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

What you've been missing out.

Hello my fellow bloggers and friends. I know, I know, it's been forever since I last posted. I've been super busy with finals in December, prepping for the big SAT in May and of course just dealing with all the other shitty things that come with being a teenager. Any who, I thought I would just update you on what I've been up to. I visited New York in December and this year my brother's band Spooky Island played at the Troubadour, I visited the DVF Journey of a Dress  exhibit at LACMA, my dance company had its performance, I had my junior formal at the Lexington Social House, and now I am currently packing for my trip to San Francisco. My brother lives up there so hopefully I'll be able to not only spend some quality time with him, but also get in some fun college touring time :) 

Overalls: Thrifted, Tank: American Apparel 
Tank: Urban Outfitters, Sunglasses: Melrose Trading Post
Shirt: Vince
Jacket: Zara, Shirt and Pants: Urban Outfitters, Shoes: Birkenstocks, Sunglasses: Celine, Bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim
 Silly little doodle pt1
 pt2
 Fabulous little coffee shop I found in Echo Park called FIX coffee. The place has great coffee and is situated in the cutest neighborhood, you can tell everyone that goes lives down the street.
Tank: American Apparel, Sweater: Puma Jersey, Skirt: American Apparel, Tights: Calvin Klein, Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell
Another cute coffee shop I found in Pasadena called Home Brewed Bar. It's super quite and so zen. I love the place.
Little mixed media project I did when I was bored. Just cut up some pictures from a magazine and glued a bunch of glitter down. 
New Dress I just purchased from Therapy a store located on Raymond Avenue in Pasadena, CA.
Back in December when I visited New York and Philadelphia. 
Jacket: Dr. Martens, Shirt: REI, Skirt: American Apparel, Ear Muffs: H&M, Tights: Calvin Klein, Shoes: Dr. Marten, Bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim
 If you're ever in New York City, I recommend going to The Whitney Museum of American Art. Their exhibits are amazing and they have an adorable and tasty café at the bottom of the building.
 Photos from an old Vogue
Vogue, October 27, 1930
Wesley and I standing next to Three Flags by Jasper Johns
T.J. Wilcox: In the Air
Unfortunately this installation was taken down February 9th, but if you are interested click here to read more about T.J. Wilcox's work. 

Also at the Whitney Museum was a heartbreaking documentary about 911.



The View from the my sister's home in New York City.

Lunch at Cafeteria, delicious per usual.
First time at Nespresso. This is something that also exists here in Los Angeles, but for some reason I never got around to trying it. I must say, it is very good and I recommend it to all.
Spooky Island at the Troubadour



My eldest sister and I cheering my brother on at his show. 
DVF Journey of a Dress







Pre Haircut. Top: Zara, Pants: Vendor from the streets of Guatemala
Getting ready for the performance with my pal Ivy
How I spent my Valentine's Day
My friend Maddy and I celebrating our friend Sasha's 17th Birthday at the Little Next Door Cafe
New Poster addition to my wall
Stay Tuned!
xx

3 comments:

  1. alex your style is so fab! your life seem so exciting and full of travel and trendy adventures!
    x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah you have done so much since your last post!! i'm going to check out your brothers band right now! so glad for this update - your photos are always amazing! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures :)
    Michelaxx
    pursuingadreamcalledlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete